Supplier audit skills
This popular one day training course is designed to give delegates an understanding of the processes involved in preparing for and conducting supplier audits. It is aimed at anybody with responsibility for food supplier standards and covers all aspects of due diligence relating to supplier management.
The programme includes a mixture of presentation based tuition, workshop exercises and will take delegates through a virtual factory inspection. Delegates will benefit from a thorough insight into the audit process. Subjects covered include effective preparation for audits, setting the audit agenda, the opening meeting, the factory inspection, auditing documented systems, closing meeting. report writing and closing out the non conformances.
Enquire about our training courses
If you would like to discuss your training requirements, find out about our bespoke training sessions or book one of our training courses, please contact us.
Our mission is to provide training that represents excellent value for money and is accessible to all, and to design and deliver courses that enable delegates to readily put new knowledge to practical use. For further information, please call Julia Banks on 07793 937 531 or Gary Pepler on 07770 834 857.
HACCP for HACCP team members & other personnel
We offer two main versions of this course:
- 1 day Foundation Course in HACCP Principles and Practice. This course is suitable for staff who are new to HACCP, those who need to understand how the principle requirements are part of their day to day role, and for non technical members of the HACCP team (engineering and production in particular). It also provides a formal training certificate for those familiar with HACCP but who lack any recognized training.
The course works through the 7 Principles/12 steps of Codex HACCP in an interactive/workshop based manner ensuring that the trainees are fully refreshed and up to the same level of knowledge.
They complete the HACCP steps for parts of the clients own process from the determination of pre requisites, hazard analysis/risk assessment, determination of CCPs, defining critical limits/control measures/corrective actions.
As well as the classroom workshops, the programme can include an exercise within the operational environment during which the trainees work in groups to verify parts of the clients own HACCP flow diagram.
- 2 day intermediate HACCP course. This course is usually tailor made for clients and is aimed at slightly more experienced HACCP Team members who have already had some form of HACCP training. It is very interactive with delegates working together in groups through a series of exercises based on scenarios relevant to their business which allow them to explore how to get the best out of HACCP in practice e.g. integrating HACCP into new product development.
The content includes a refresher in HACCP Principles and Steps based on CODEX Guidelines. It then quickly moves on to facilitated learning through workshop based activities such as - development and change scenarios and their implications for existing HACCP Plans, the roles and responsibilities of Individual HACCP Team Members, risk assessment and management of pre requisite plans, CCP Validation and Verification Techniques.
Allergen risk assessment and control
There are 3 main course options:
- Allergen risk assessment - this course can be offered as a ‘standard package’ in which the Food Integrity Consulting risk assessment method is presented. Delegates are provided with a ‘virtual factory’ in which to carry out risk assessment. They then move on to consider control programmes for allergens, as well as options for effective validation and verification.
- Alternatively we can offer a tailor made package that builds in practical risk assessment in the client’s own factory, with the trainer acting as facilitator. This course has proved highly effective, and not only delivers practical experience of risk assessment, but also kick starts the risk assessment process for the client.
- We also offer a course that addresses the basics of allergen management for operational teams. This includes an explanation of what food allergy is, and then addresses how to control risks on the factory floor. This course can be tailor made to include reference to the clients own allergen control procedures.
We have provided a wide range of other bespoke in house courses.
Some examples include:
- Practical microbiology for production and technical personnel
- Basic pest control and cleaning management
- Customer complaint management
- Sensory evaluation and screening for production and technical personnel
Please contact us to for further information or to book your training. We are able to take a training brief from you and develop a training proposal if your requirements extend beyond these examples. Find out more about our Bespoke Courses